Thoughts of the week on a Monday….whhhhaaaatttt???
– I’ve been AWOL, due to a very, very busy April. I also planned to post a few things, largely cooking related, but everything I made looked sub-par (tasted good, but was not photogenic enough) which was very disappointing.
– I am also on day 6 of a horrible head cold and and it SO ANNOYING. My daughter had a cold last weekend and was fine after about three days, but now that I have it, it’s hanging on and on, I think because I haven’t had a really bad cold in probably a good six months or so and my body has forgotten about germs. Also, I haven’t had my flu vax yet and I’m terrified it will turn into something worse before I can get vaccinated. Also, you know you’re definitely going to get sick when your child either a) sneezes directly onto your mouth or b) licks you face. Or both. Ahhh, children.
– Serial season 2: I have officially given up. I realised I wasn’t even listening to it as I drove along in my car, so I’ve decided not to waste anymore time on it. Is anyone else still listenting to it? Judging by the lack of discusion about it in my Facebook feed I’m guessing not really (based on last year when Serial was ALL OVER the place).
– Websites that cannot handle a lot of traffic in the evenings are my new nemseis. COME ON.
– Through Cupcakes and Cashmere, I’ve discovered a website called What’s Gaby Cooking run by Gaby, another LA based blogger. Gaby makes really delicious, fresh, easy recipes that are so brightly and beautifully styled I can’t stop looking. She also posts a LOT on Snapchat, and often does what she calls “Snapisodes” where she’ll cook something in it’s entirety and post each step on Snapchat, which I enjoy (the recipes are always then posted in full on her blog). Seriously, check out her website. Even if you don’t cook, everything just looks SO GOOD, and Gaby herself is so bright and happy and bubbly she’s delightful to watch.
– Speaking of Snapchat – I’m getting the hang of it, and enjoying seeing snapshots of people’s lives, particularly people overseas. My username is chictodo_julia if you are so inclined to follow me. Also, I would like that nice filter to be my permanent face. If you use Snapchat, you know the one I’m talking about.
– I’ve just booked tickets to go and see Matilda the Musical with my friends in July and I can’t wait. Besides The BFG, it’s one of my favourite Roald Dahl books.. Although Ticketmaster’s interactive map was a nightmare to deal with and it took me numerous tries over two days to purchase the tickets because it kept telling me I was leaving spare seats on the end of the aisle even though there were at least FOUR SPARE SEATS available for other people. But still: Matilda! Now to think of somewhere nice for an early dinner beforehand in the city.
– You guys have seen the Twitter account Paperback Paradise, right? They basically take old books and make the titles A LOT funnier than what they are. Just go and check it out. Trust me.
– I spent much of the past two weeks watching season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and while I think the first season was a lot funnier, I liked that they’re actually getting Kimmy to deal with her PTSD. In a comedy, that’s rare. I have also just finished watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but I have THOUGHTS on it. I might need to do a separate post on that.
– I bought two pairs of jeggings (hate that word) from Best & Less for $15 and $20 respectively. They feel like denim, which I love, and they’re super comfy, which is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. But I had to get them taken up significantly, so now they are not skinny through the ankle and look more like fitted capri pants and are not fitted round the ankle anymore, which annoys me a lot. Also, after wearing them today all day, they completely stretched out and definitely look like capri pants. I am disappoint.
– I have watched two fashion documentaries this week, so I hope to do a post later this week on them.
That’s all for now. Have a good week, peeps!Share this post: