– Ok, let’s get real. Who actually sends paper Christmas cards anymore? The first year or two we were married and we got a LOT of them. Then it petered out and now we get about five and they’re usually just from family members. Granted, I don’t send them out, so I don’t expect to receive a lot of them, but I keep wondering if we don’t get many because we don’t send them out, or because people are just not sending them anymore. My reason for not sending them out it two-fold: I don’t want to add another thing to my list of shit to do in December, and because I have a theory that everyone I would in theory send a card to knows I wish them a merry Christmas because I usually see them at some point during the festive season, so I just tell them to their face. VERBAL CHRISTMAS CARD. BOOM.
– There is nothing worse than buying a fresh orange juice from the supermarket, pouring it into the glass and discovering that not only is is pulpy orange juice, but it is 99% pulp, 1% juice. Seriously. It’s like drinking orange mush. Yuck.
– You guys, Jane the Virgin is such a cute show. It reminds me a bit of Ugly Betty, but without the over exaggerated caricatured characters (mostly). I hope it doesn’t veer into that territory. I’m hooked.
– The promos for The Real Housewives of Melbourne look horrifically bad.
– In related news, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is back on (and has been for a few weeks now), and it is my trashy TV guilty pleasure. Lisa Vanderpump is being SUCH a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou cow.
– We took our daughter to the Melbourne Zoo today, which was great. I hadn’t been in about ten years, and it’s still as great as it ever was, with a few new improvements. But we need to talk about the butterfly house. Is anyone else TERRIFIED of going in there? I know they are harmless, but all the fluttering and stuff near me FREAKS ME OUT. I stayed in there and tried to remain very calm so my daughter wouldn’t freak out like me, but by the end I was ready to start pushing people over to get out of there. Please tell me I’m not alone in this feeling of terror.
– CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT SERIAL? There is SO MUCH left unresolved, which I knew it would be, but I really want to talk about the following things:
* How long does DNA testing take? When will we have results about whether Ronald Moore’s DNA (or any identifiable DNA) is present.
* Why was this DNA NEVER TESTED? This is such a glaringly obvious mistake/omission that seems like it could have been a massive game changer.
* How could Don never had heard of Jay until the podcast? This seems unlikely me to, given that he testified at the trial (I think….correct me, anyone?)
* I also think it is super sketchy that his mother was the manager of the store where he was filling in on the day Hae disappeared.
* Jay deciding to give an interview after the podcast series has ended is SO teling to me. He obviously wanted to talk on his terms, in print so that he couldn’t be challenged and have to answer while being recorded and then broadcast for the world to listen to. His answers were so obviously carefully planned out, AND they offered up another version of the story, which is so damning (in my opinion).
* In all of this, I keep thinking it must be horrible for Hae’s family to have to go through all of this again. Sarah talked about Adnan’s family a bit, and how they feel having their son imprisoned, but I wonder if she purposefully omitted any discussion of Hae’s family to respect their privacy (or they understandably did not wish to be interviewed). After all, if Adnan wins his appeal, he and his family will have closure. Hae’s family most likely never will, even if they identify Hae’s killer as being someone different. Their daughter was still taken from this world in horrific circumstances and nothing will ever change that for them.
Until next time!Share this post: